TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR IWS
* Do not put these items in the sewer: plastics, paint, coffee grounds,
egg shells, floss, disposable diapers, condoms, feminine
napkins/tampons, cooking oil and grease, acids, gas, motor oil, bleach,
* Minimize water use. Most systems fail because there is too much water!
Repair leaks immediately. Wait until there is a full load of laundry.
Turn off water while shaving and brushing teeth.
* Keep a jar beside the kitchen sink to dispose of cooking oil. Use
toilet paper labeled "septic safe". Washing machine water should be
diverted to a banana patch or other plant. Keep "gray" water on your
* All sewer systems produce solids which have to be pumped.
* Septic systems should have an annual inspection.
* Cooking oil and grease are one of a sewer systems biggest problems.
Please work hard to minimize how much goes into the sewer. Remember, not
only will it plug up the sewer, it will plug up your heart too!
To see more useful
information please click Helpful Tips